Why does the county need a consultant to help revise its Unified Land Development Code (ULDC), to the tune of $39,370.00? On the agenda for discussion Monday morning 8:30 AM and voting Tuesday 5:30 PM by the Lowndes County Commission, February 8 and 9, 2021.
The Utilities Department wants a pump for its Whitewater Road Lift Station before it fails, which is a good thing: preventive maintenance.
Public Works wants to buy a lift instead of renting one. Probably this will reduce overall expenditures for “building maintenance, maintaining banners in the parking lots and for Christmas decorating.”
|$39,370.00||ULDC Revision – Agreement with Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC)|
|$39,261.63||Bid for a Lift for the Public Works Department|
|$39,158.7.00||Whitewater Road Lift Station Pump|
The annual 2021 Public Defender Contracts are up for renewal. While this is a good thing, it’s curious that it’s listed as having no effect on the budget, despite costing money.
And there are two alcohol licenses to vote on. Curious that those show no effect on the budget. Is there no fee for an alcohol license?
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2021, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2021, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearing
- Beer, Wine, and Liquor License – Lucila Parker of Restaurante Mexicano San Judas Tadeo, Inc., DBA Restaurante Mexicano San Judas Tadeo, Inc. – 4333 Bemiss Rd. Suite 12, Valdosta, GA
- For Consideration
- Wine License – Manishaben Patel of Sai Krupa 2018 LLC, DBA JP Foods #2 – 3663 New Statenville Hwy., Valdosta, GA
- 2021 Public Defender Contracts
Documents:2021 Public Defender Contracts.pdf
- ULDC Revision – Agreement with Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC)
- Whitewater Road Lift Station Pump
Documents:Whitewater Road Lift Station Pump.pdf
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!