You may want to apply to get appointed to one of these boards, authorities, or commissions.
Some of these opportunities have already passed, but most are in 2023.
For how to apply, see the bottom of the web page for each body.
Lowndes County, News Flash, April 26, 2022,
Lowndes County Development Authority
- Gary Moser – 1/09/22
Board of Health
- Mary Margaret Richardson – 12/31/22
- Randy Smith – 12/31/22
Valdosta-Lowndes County Zoning Board of Appeals
- Victoria Copeland – 5/7/23
- Marion Ramsey – 5/7/23
Valdosta-Lowndes County Airport Authority
- Anthony Payton – 5/21/23
Lowndes County Public Facilities Authority
- Crawford Powell – 5/31/23
- Scott Purvis – 5/31/23
Lowndes County Division of Family and Children Services Board
- Elsie Napier – 6/30/23
South Georgia Regional Library Board
- Dr. Beverley Richardson-Blake – 6/30/23
- Dr. George Gaumond – 6/30/23
- Gary Wisenbaker – 6/30/23
- Thomas Lovett – 6/30/23
- DeWayne Johnson – 6/30/23
Valdosta-Lowndes County Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals
- Tripp Howell – 6/30/23
- Charles “Chuck” Smith – 6/30/23 (Rotating appt.) now City’s turn to appt.
Valdosta-Lowndes County Parks and Recreation Authority
- Suzan Garnett -6/30/23
- Cisco Diaz – 6/30/23 (Rotating Appt.) – City’s turn to appoint
Valdosta Lowndes County Conference Center and Tourism Authority
- Commissioner Joyce Evans – 12/31/23
- Michael Smith – 12/31/23
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!