They approved everything that Tuesday evening that they discussed that same morning, including a special tax assessment rate.
No item took as long as two minutes. There were no special reports and no citizens wishing to be heard. The whole thing took 16 minutes and 44 seconds.
See also the LAKE videos of the swearing-in of re-elected Commissioner Scottie Orenstein, the LAKE videos of the Work Session and the previous post with the agenda and some questions about Simpson Road. And see last month’s approval of paying for right of way on Simpson Road.
- 1. Call to Order 2. Invocation 3. Pledge
- 4. Minutes for Approval
- 5a. Special Assessment Rate for 2019
- 5b. Beer License Race Way #1177 – 1177 Lakes Blvd
- 5 c. Beer License – Eagle Food Mart – 4357 Bemiss Rd.
- 5 d. Beer and Wine License – JP Foods #2 – 3663 New Statenville Hwy
- 5 e. Wine License –Triangle Foods – 4946 US Hwy 41 S.
- 5 f. FY 2018 Performance Partnership Agreement and EMPG Application
- 5 g. Abandonment of McLeod Road
- 5 h. Adopt Resolution accepting infrastructure for Livingston Subdivision
- 5 i. Speed Zone Ordinance
- 5 j. 2019 Public Defender Contracts
- 5 k. Solicitor-General’s VAWA Grant Award Activation
- 5 l. Highway 84 Water Main Underground Boring Agreement
- 5 m. AT&T Phone System Upgrade Agreement
- 6 a. Paving on Parker Road and Simpson Road
- 7. Reports (none) 8. CWTBH (none) 9. Adjournment
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: All aye, Simpson Road paving, taxes, alcohol, emergency, roads, and law
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC Regular),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, January 22, 2019.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!