The Lowndes County Commission will probably re-appoint Ben Copeland to the Hospital Authority, and approve three rezonings, only one (REZ-2021-24 Barry Godfrey) apparently controversial, as well as an AT&T telecommunications tower, Tuesday evening after hearing them Monday morning.
The item with the biggest effect is the 2021 Comprehensive Plan Adoption.
The big ticket near-term item is for roads, 2021 LMIG Safety Action Plan Restriping.
|$281,529.50||2021 LMIG Safety Action Plan Restriping|
|$32,266.00||Request for Cash Match Increase for VAWA ASG Salary Supplement|
|$31,500.00||Code Red Annual Renewal|
For the Comprehensive Plan, see the LAKE videos of the preceding Comprehensive Plan Update Meeting 2 and the Character Area Maps for it, the Lowndes County Commission Regular Session before that, and the quite lengthy first Comprehensive Plan Public Hearing.
For the rezonings and the telecommunications tower, see also the LAKE videos of the preceding Planning Commission meeting.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2021, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2021, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- One Valdosta-Lowndes Presentation (Work Session)
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearing
- REZ-2021-22 John Sineath, 3895 US HWY 41 North, 0.63 acres R-1 to C-G, County Utilities
Documents:REZ-2021-22 John Sineath.pdf
- REZ-2021-23 Cotton Property, 3986 Wilkerson Road, 5 acres, E-A to R-A, Well & Septic
Documents:REZ-2021-23 Cotton Property.pdf
- REZ-2021-24 Barry Godfrey, Mt. Zion Church Road, 1.5 acres, R-10 to C-H
Documents:REZ-2021-24 Barry Godfrey.pdf
- TWR-2021-01 CitySwitch II, LLC, Bemiss Road, New 265' Telecommunications Tower
- For Consideration
- FY23 5311 Regional Transit Resolution
- Adoption of Budget Calendar for FY 2022 – 2023
- Community Development Block Grant-CV – Second Harvest
- Code Red Annual Renewal
Documents:Code Red Annual Renewal.pdf
- Request for Cash Match Increase for VAWA ASG Salary Supplement
- 2021 Comprehensive Plan Adoption
Documents:2021 Comprehensive Plan Adoption.pdf
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!