Update 2022-06-16: Videos: Everything unanimously approved in fifteen minutes @ LCC 2022-05-24.
Not even two minutes on any business item at the most recent Lowndes County Work Session.
The answer to which roads on the LMIG item is that McMillan Road cost too much, so it is no longer included “this time”. So the $1,676,443.10 goes for resurfacing of 5.89 miles of Jumping Gulley Road and 1.4 miles of Peterson Road.
Below are links to each LAKE video of each agenda item with a few notes, followed by a LAKE video playlist. See also the the agenda. The board packet, received in response to a LAKE open records request, is on the LAKE website.
- 1. Call to Order 4. Minutes for Approval
- 5.a. Valdosta-Lowndes County Land Bank Authority Appointment Approval
5.b. Valdosta – Lowndes County Development Authority (Joint Appointment)
Alleged County Attorney G. Walter Elliott explains it all.
- 6.a. Accept Infrastructure for Quarterman Estates West, Phase III-D
- 6.b. Release of Lien for 2009 CHIP Grant
- 6.c. Valdosta Extraterritorial Extension of Water and Sewer Services
- 6.d. State Route 122 (Highway 122) @ State Route 125 (Bemiss Road – Walkers Crossing) Roundabout Lighting Agreement with the Georgia Department of Transportation
- 7.a. 2022 LMIG Resurfacing
8. Reports – County Manager
Her report was mostly about preparing for voting so people would know where to find their polling place, augmented by followon comments by Chairman Bill Slaughter. The other Commissioners had no comments.
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: Two Valdosta items, Walkers Crossing Roundabout, Reports @ LCC 2022-05-23
Lowndes County Commission Regular Session, Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia.
Videos by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE).
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!