Here is a map of “North Central Lowndes County” which is the area the county wants most to develop with subdivisions. It’s in the board packet materials for Addition to Basic Decorative Street Lighting District – Coventry Villas Subdivision, for last week’s Lowndes County Commission meeting.
This the first table of tax dollar amounts we’ve had add up to a positive total.
|($1,107,500.64)||2021 LMIG Resurfacing Grant Application|
|($99,938.00)||2020 Addressing Victimization within the Juvenile Justice System Grant Application|
|$42,067.69||Nelson Hill Lift Station Pump Upgrade|
|$5.00||Approval of Increase in Convenience Fees for Web and Telephone Payments|
The real total should be both less than that (the LMIG grant has a 10% match) and more (the $5.00 is times each telephone or online payment).
Here’s a list of what they plan to do with the 2021 LMIG Resurfacing Grant Application:
One rezoning was withdrawn, another was unanimously recommended for denial by the Planning Commission, and a third, for a wedding venue, seemed more likely to pass.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2020, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2020, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month Proclamation (Regular Session)
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearing
- Addition to Basic Decorative Street Lighting District – Coventry Villas Subdivision
- REZ-2020-13 Carolyn Williams 7141 Ousley Road (0039 010) E-A to R-1, Well and Septic, ~5.71 acres
- REZ-2020-14 Fox Hill Plantation 8163 Miller Road (0010 004) E-A to PD-R, Well and Septic, ~11.1 acres
- REZ-2020-15 Ivey Lane Duplexes Ivey Road (0145B 095, 96, 97) C-H to R-10, Water and Sewer, ~0.99 acres
- For Consideration
- Beer and Wine License – Hardik Patel of Drishna 1 Corporation DBA GA FL Fuel Center #978 – 7215 Lakes Blvd., Lake Park, GA
- Approval of Increase in Convenience Fees for Web and Telephone Payments
- 2021 LMIG Resurfacing Grant Application
- Abandonment of Artherman Lane
Documents:Abandonment of Artherman Lane.pdf
- Nelson Hill Lift Station Pump Upgrade
- 2020 Addressing Victimization within the Juvenile Justice System Grant Application
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!