The agenda sheet says “the applicant’s conceptual site plan is attached.” But of course we the taxpaying, traffic-affected, and water-drinking public don’t get to see it.
Why the Lowndes County Commission considering rezoning for a subdivision that its own staff says doesn’t fit the Comprehensive Plan Character Area, is outside the Urban Service Area, would add significant traffic, and many neighbors spoke against it, plus the Planning Commission recommended denial? The Commission tabled in October, and again in November, when Commissioners asked for an update, but now staff says, “There are no updates to the overall case status.”
If they can’t deny this one, what rezoning can they ever deny?
Photo: Still by LAKE from Lowndes County Commission video of its 9 Oct 2018 Regular Session.
Here is the agenda. See also REZ-2018-17 on the agenda last month and the LAKE videos ofhttp://www.l-a-k-e.org/blog/2018/12/videos-subdivisions-solar-and-alcohol-lcc-2018-11-12.html”>the 12 Nov 2018 Work Session and the 13 Nov 2018 Regular Session, and the county’s own videos of the 9 Oct 2018 Regular Session. The county did not post its own video of its Work Session. LAKE did get a copy by open records request, and will post it.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2018, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2018, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearing
- REZ-2018-17 The Settlement North, 5999 Val Del Road E-A to R-1, Well & Septic, ~98.95 acres
TRC Recommendations: Various
GLPC Recommendation: Denial
Documents:Rezoning Case REZ-2018-17.pdf
- REZ-2018-19 Traditions Flooring, Old US 41 N. R-1 to C-G, County Water and Sewer, 1.098 acres
GLPC and TRC Recommendations: Approve
Documents:Rezoning Case REZ-2018-19.pdf
- For Consideration
- Amendment to existing 5311 Third Party Operating Agreement
- Approval of Third Party Operator Contract for 5311 Public Transportation Program
- Georgia Department of Transportation Local Maintenance & Improvement Grant (LMIG)
- Abandonment of unopened Right of Way off of Reed Road
- Adopt Resolution Accepting infrastructure for Creekside West Subdivision Phase 3C
Adopt the Resolution
- Adoption of the 2019-2020 Budget Calendar
Adopt the Budget Calendar for FY 2019-2020
- Beer License- Hemlatabahen H. Rao of Mira Krashna, LLC DBA Bigfoot Travel Center #926- 7212 Lake Blvd., Lake Park, GA
- Beer, Wine, and Liquor License- Ryan Bruch of Southern Comforts Liquor Stop, LLC. DBA. Southern Comforts Liquor Stop – 3954 Old Hwy. 41, Valdosta, GA
- 2019 Holiday Schedule
Approval of the 2019 holiday schedule
Documents:2019 Holiday Schedule.pdf
- Section 125 Plan Document Renewal for 2019
Adoption of the section 125 premium only plan for 2019
- Workers' Compensation Insurance Renewal
Approval of renewal
- Stop Loss Insurance Coverage Through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia and Annual Administrative Services Agreement Through Allied Benefits
Approval of stop loss insurance coverage and agreement
- Approval of the 2019 Commission Meeting Calendar
Approval of calendar
- Resolution Authorizing Valdosta Housing Authority to Issue Bonds
Approval of resolution
- Hazard Mitigation Grant Program Application
Request authorization for the Chairman to sign the grant application so that it may be submitted to the Georgia Emergency Management Agency (GEMA) for consideration.
- Request to Purchase Demo Rescue Equipment
Request authorization to purchase demo rescue equipment in the amount of $55,000 from Municipal Equipment Services. This is a budgeted expenditure.
- Office of the Governor Criminal Justice Coordinating Council Accountability Court- Lowndes County DUI Court- State Court
Approval of award
- Georgia Services Administration Public Buildings Service, Lease Amendment for the Georgia County USDA Service Center
Approval of lease amendment
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!