The same Val Del Road subdivision on today’s agenda for the third time was tabled the second time it came up, a month ago. Here it is in the LAKE videos in the Work Session of November 12, 2018, when the applicant hadn’t even responded to the Commissioners’ previous request to consider 1.5 acre lots.
By far the longest thing that day, at half an hour, was 7. Reports – Special Presentation ABM Industries Inc..
Below are links to each LAKE video of the 12 November 2018 Work Session, with a few comments. See also the agenda and the LAKE blog of the county’s own videos of its 9 October 2018 Regular Session.
- 1. Call to Order 4. MInutes for Approval
5a. REZ-2018-17 5999 Val Del Road, E-A To R-1, ~98.95 Acres
Video. County Planning Technician Molly Stevenson said the applicant had not responded to the Commissioners’ request from October to consider one and a half acre lots. Commissioners had no questions.
- 5b. REZ-2018-18 3982 Bemiss Knights Academy, E-A to R-10, ~42.71 acres
- 6a. Grant Re-Application for the Rural Transportation Program & Resolution
- 6 b/c/d. Beer and Wine Licenses for Pilot Truck Stops
- 6e. Approval of DA’s Federal VOCA Grant Application Renewal
- 6f. Intrado Phone System Upgrade Agreement (AT&T)
- 6g. Solicitor-General’s Office VAWA Continuation Grant Application
- 6h. Tyler Technology re:SearchGA Online Repository Agreement
- 6 i. Tyler Technology re:SearchGA Merchant Payment Card Processing Agreement
- 6 j. Amendment to Tyler Technology Electronic Filing Agreement
7. Reports – Special Presentation ABM Industries Inc.
As ABM says:
With the cost of solar installations rapidly declining, and the number of government and utility incentives increasing, solar has undergone a radical evolution from a feel good environmental story to a source for businesses to gain a financial advantage over their competitors.
See ABM Energy Vice President Ted O’Shea, Leveraging Solar to Gain a Competitive Financial Advantage: Why go Solar at Your Facility: White Paper.
- 10. Meeting Adjournment
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: Subdivisions, solar, and alcohol
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, November 12, 2018.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!