The County Planner said “I can’t tell you anything beyond that” about why Vallotton Farms is requesting rezoning to Estate Agriculture, which is mysterious, since he (and the County Chairman) sat through the entire Planning Commission explanation by attorney Bill Langdale, several Planning Commissioners, and me: see the LAKE video of that GLPC item. The County Planner did say “we expect development” in that area. They vote on their expectations tonight at 5:30 PM, although they have to listen to citizens for and against first.
I’d like to commend County Engineer Mike Fletcher for preserving the canopy in the plans for Boring Pond Road Phase III.
Vickers rezoning item
was withdrawn by applicant,
and the County Planner yesterday morning
explained that was because they’d worked out a way for the property
to count as five acres so no rezoning was necessary.
Vickers Jennings rezoning to commercial is still being considered.
Also discussed yesterday morning and to be voted on tonight at 5:30 PM are
Georgia Department of Agriculture Spay/Neuter Grant Request,
two Sheriff’s requests (
High Enforcement of Aggressive Traffic (HEAT) Team grant),
another paving items (Resurfacing of 3 County Roads (Howell Road, Whitewater Road and Ousley))
Fuel Island Upgrade.
Execution of the Resolution for the Hazardous Waste Trust Fund
is about reimbursement for
monitoring of the closed Clyattville landfill
the county chooses to reveal very little.
Last I heard, the Sabal Trail methane pipeline was still proposed to go through
there with its hundred-foot right of way and 36-inch pipe.
I wonder how that would affect monitoring?
Here’s the agenda and below are links to the videos, followed by a video playlist.
- 1. Order 4. Minutes for Approval
- 5.a. REZ-2015-06 Vickers, Franks Creek Rd, E-A to R-A, Well/Septic, ~4.41 acres
- 5.b. REZ-2015-07 Vallotton Farms, Inc., Bemiss Rd, R-21 and CON to E-A, ~572 acres
- 5.c. REZ-2015-08 Edward Jennings, LLC., Madison Hwy/Lineberger Dr, R-10 to C-G
- 6.a. Georgia Department of Agriculture Spay/Neuter Grant Request
- 6.b. FY 2016 BVP Grant
- 6.c. FY 2016 HEAT Grant
- 6.d. Update for Permit to Operate Public Water System at North Lowndes
- 6.e. Execution of the Resolution for the Hazardous Waste Trust Fund
- 6.f. Accept Quit Claim Deeds for Roswell Place Subdivision Detention Ponds
- 7.a. Paving on Boring Pond Road Phase III
- 7.b. Resurfacing of 3 County Roads (Howell Road, Whitewater Road and Ousley)
- 7.c. Replacement of Franks Creek Bridge on Morven Road
- 7.d. Fuel Island Upgrade
- 8. Reports: request executive session for attorney-client pending litigation
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos: Vallotton agriculture, animals, body armor, HEAT, water, waste, and a canopy road
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 13 April 2015.