Update 2015-04-13: videos.
The three rezonings from the Planning Commission are on the agenda for this morning’s Lowndes County Commission Work Session. One has been withdrawn by applicant, Vallotton Farms still wants to rezone to Estate Agriculture, and another wants to rezone to commercial. Also to be considered this morning and voted on tomorrow evening are three water-related items, a Georgia Department of Agriculture Spay/Neuter Grant Request, two Sheriff’s requests ( body armor, and High Enforcement of Aggressive Traffic (HEAT) Team grant), two paving items (Boring Pond Road Phase III and Resurfacing of 3 County Roads (Howell Road, Whitewater Road and Ousley)) a Fuel Island Upgrade, and what’s this about Execution of the Resolution for the Hazardous Waste Trust Fund? Ah, that’s about reimbursement for monitoring of the closed Clyattville landfill about which the county chooses to reveal very little. Last I heard, the Sabal Trail methane pipeline was still proposed to go through there with its hundred-foot right of way and 36-inch pipe. I wonder how that would affect monitoring?
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, APRIL 13, 2015, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, APRIL 14, 2015, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearings
- REZ-2015-06 Vickers, Franks Creek Rd, E-A to R-A, Well/Septic, ~4.41 acres
This case has been withdrawn by the applicant’s agent.
- REZ-2015-07 Vallotton Farms, Inc., Bemiss Rd, R-21 and CON to E-A, ~572 acres
TRC Recommendation: Approval (4-3)
GLPC Recommendation: Approval (8-0)
- REZ-2015-08 Edward Jennings, LLC., Madison Hwy/Lineberger Dr, R-10 to C-G, Well/Septic, ~0.70 acres
TRC Recommendation: Approval with 2 Conditions (6-1)
GLPC Recommendation: Approval with 5 Conditions (5-4)
- For Consideration
- Georgia Department of Agriculture Spay/Neuter Grant Request
Authorize Animal Control to apply for the grant that will allow Lowndes County to offer citizens a low cost spay/neuter program aimed at reducing euthanasia numbers at the shelter.
- FY 2016 BVP Grant
Approval for the Lowndes County to provide 149 Deputies with body armor under the US Department of Justice Program.
- FY 2016 HEAT Grant
Approval for the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office to apply for the High Enforcement of Aggressive Traffic (HEAT) Team grant provided by the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety.
- Update for Permit to Operate Public Water System at North Lowndes
Update Permit and Authorize Signature
Documents:Update for Permit.pdf
- Execution of the Resolution for the Hazardous Waste Trust Fund
Execute the Resolution
Documents:Execution of HWTF Resolution.pdf
- Accept Quit Claim Deeds for Roswell Place Subdivision Detention Ponds
Accept Quit Claim Deeds
Documents:Accept Quit Claim Deeds.pdf
- Paving on Boring Pond Road Phase III
Accept bid proposal and authorize execution of contract documents to Scruggs Company
Documents:Paving on Boring Pond Road.pdf
- Resurfacing of 3 County Roads (Howell Road, Whitewater Road and Ousley)
Accept bid proposal and authorize execution of contract documents to Reames and Son Construction
Documents:Resurfacing of 3 County Roads.pdf
- Replacement of Franks Creek Bridge on Morven Road
Accept bid proposal and authorize execution of contract documents to Southern Concrete Construction
Documents:Replacement of Franks Creek Bridge.pdf
- Fuel Island Upgrade
Approval of the Fuel Island Upgrade
Documents:Fuel Island Upgrade.pdf
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address