Bids or negotiations for everything except the Professional Services for Sampling, Monitoring, and Reporting of Impaired Streams, which is on the agenda for Tuesday as a single proposal from an engineering firm. The agenda sheets are on the LAKE website. We do not yet have the full agenda packet.
This April 28, 2020, Regular Session of the Lowndes County Commission will be held by teleconference. There will be Citizens Wishing to Be Heard, but as usual that will be after the Commissioners vote. This is the only County Commission of the many counties I’ve been to in two states that does not let citizens speak either at the beginning of the session or on each agenda item as it comes up.
Citizens wishing to be heard should email County Clerk, Paige Dukes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 229-292-6142 during normal business hours to register to speak. Please register prior to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 28th. Thank you.
Notice no Work Session is listed on the agenda, and a Commissioner tells me there will be no Work Session, which is marked in the county calendar as Cancelled.
These are the costs of the agenda items, sorted most expensive first:
I’d like to compliment Lowndes County Utilities for pro-actively replacing that Coleman Road Force Main. They already did an emergency repair for about $100,000 in October 2018 after sewage spills in July 2018 and September 2017. Lowndes County has reported no recent spills, not even as recent as Valdosta’s notorious December 2018 record spill.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, APRIL 28, 2020, 5:30 p.m.
In an effort to respect social distancing, a conference call line has been set up for this meeting. The call in number is 813-769-0500 and the access code is 373-829-614#
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- For Consideration
- Advanced Disposal Services Residential Solid Waste Franchise
- Deep South Sanitation Residential Solid Waste Franchise
- Professional Services for Sampling, Monitoring, and Reporting of Impaired Streams
- Quit Claim Deeds for Abandoned Right of Way off Ivandale Circle
- Purchase of Wetland Credits for Clyattstone Road – Simpson Lane Paving Project
- Approval of Clyattstone Road-Simpson Lane ROW Purchases
- Abandonment of Unopened ROW – Gay Road
- Coleman Road Force Main Replacement
Documents:Coleman Road Force Main Replacement.pdf
- Lowndes County Accountability Court Grant Approval and Cash Match
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens wishing to be heard should email County Clerk, Paige Dukes at email@example.com or call 229-292-6142 during normal business hours to register to speak. Please register prior to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 28th. Thank you.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!