The 16” force main between Coleman Road lift station and James Road has experienced repeated issues with pipe failure. Several repairs have been made on one section near 3624 Val-Tech Road. After detecting another pipe failure along this section staff recommends we replace a 400′ section of the 16” force main. This is an emergency and needs to happen ASAP to prevent a sewage spill. Staff received a quote from RPI for $99,935.00. Staff recommends the emergency repair be approved for $99,935.00 from RPI.
I think everyone would be in favor of fixing that recurring leak, near the green dot at the top of this map.
VALORGIS Map → Streams Waterbodies plus Utilities Service Areas and Lowndes County Sewer Line.
Plus the annual USGS Funding Agreement for Hwy 122 Stream Gauge, on the agenda for this morning. Also appointments to three boards, as usual with no previous public invitation to apply: Linda Most reappointment to the Lowndes County Library Board, Clay Griner reappointment to the Lowndes County Public Facilities Authority, and Jim Scruggs reappointment to the Valdosta-Lowndes County Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals.
A a subdivision rezoning: The Settlement North, 5999 Val Del Road. GLPC voted 5-2-1 against and of TRC only Engineering wanted approval, with the rest saying:
Overall Planning and Zoning found this request inconsistent with with the Comprehensive Plan. Utilities found that development in that area is not supported by the County Water System Growth Plan.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2018, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2018, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- GFOA Financial Reporting Award
- Minutes for Approval
- Lowndes County Library Board
Appoint/reappoint a member
Documents:Lowndes County Library Board.pdf
- Lowndes County Public Facilities Authority
Appoint/reappoint a member
- Valdosta-Lowndes County Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals
Appoint/reappoint a member.
- Public Hearing
- REZ-2018-17 The Settlement North, 5999 Val Del Road, E-A to R-1, Well & Septic, ~98.95 acres
TRC Recommendations: Various
GLPC Recommendation: Denial
Documents:Rezoning Case REZ-2018-17.pdf
- Abandonment of a Portion of Union Road
- For Consideration
- Union Road Quit Claim Deeds
Approve and authorize Chairman Slaughter to execute Quit Claim Deeds.
Documents:Union Road Quit Claim Deeds.pdf
- USGS Funding Agreement for Hwy 122 Stream Gauge
Request authorization for the Chairman to execute the funding agreement to allow for continued maintenance of the current stream gauge on the Little River.
- Stone Creek Antenna Space License Agreement Termination
Termination of agreement
- Val-Tech Road 16" Force Main Emergency Repair
Approval of Emergency Repair
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address