Update 2019-07-09: Videos.
On the Lowndes County Commission agenda for Monday and Tuesday, appointments to three boards, three rezonings, and a mystery agreement.
They have no candidates to replace Malinda Taylor on the Lowndes County Library Board. Paul Alvarado and John McCall want to be reappointed to the Valdosta-Lowndes County Zoning Board of Appeals. Gregory Powell apparently does not want to be reappointed, and Victoria O’Steen and Kelisa Brown have applied for Keep Lowndes Valdosta Beautiful (KLVB).
As a part of Lowndes County’s ongoing support of Moody Air Force Base, the services of Cornerstone Government Affairs, Inc. are being recommended. In addition to assistance with matters related to the Department of Defense, Cornerstone is prepared to provide services related to other federal issues that could impact Lowndes County.
Here is the agenda:
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, JULY 8, 2019, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, JULY 9, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearing
- Rezoning Case REZ-2019-09 Mark Courson, 5761 Long Pond Rd. (0221A-063C) R-1 to R-10, County Water/Sewer, ~1.0 acre
- Rezoning Case REZ-2019-10 Ballard, Madison Hwy (0097-032)E-A to C-C and R-A, County Water and Septic, ~4.1 acres
Documents:Rezoning Case REZ-2019-10 Ballard.pdf
- Rezoning Case REZ-2019-11 Stewart, 4151 Stewart Circle R-1 to C-H, County Water and Sewer, ~12.911 acres
Documents:Rezoning Case REZ-2019-11 Stewart.pdf
- For Consideration
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!