The longest item was not on the agenda: Special Recognition of Fire Rescue.
Second longest at two minutes was 7d. MOU with City of Remerton for Fire Inspection and Plan Review Services.
The Library Board reappointment applicant was not there. The public got one day’s notice that others could apply.
The mystery boring under US 84 for a water main is explained.
Below are links to the LAKE video of each agenda item, with a few notes, followed by a LAKE video playlist. See also the agenda. For the three rezonings, see also the LAKE videos of the recent Planning Commission meeting.
- 1. Call to Order 4. MInutes for Approval (not ready yet)
- 5a. Lowndes County Library Board Appointment
- 6 a. REZ-2019-01 Old Pine Duplexes, Old Pine Road, R-21 to R-10
- 6b. REZ-2019-02 Innova Cosmetic Solutions, 1504 Madison Hwy, R-10 to M-1,
- 6c. REZ-2019-03 Joe and Liska McKinnon, 2781 Madison Hwy. C-G/E-A/CON
- 6 d. Abandonment of McLeod Road
- 7 a. Abandonment of Doyle Kelly Road
- 7 b. Transportation Safety Improvements Agreement
7c. Highway 84 Water Main Underground Boring Contracts
Video. According to Utilities Director Steve Stalvey, the $18,250.00 of $73,000.00 for this water main boring is for a Dollar General, and some real estate speculation next door. See also LAKE videos of previous Regular session.
- 7d. MOU with City of Remerton for Fire Inspection and Plan Review Services
- 7 e. Lowndes County Historic Courthouse Architect Selection
8. Reports – Special Recognition of Fire Rescue
Video. The County Manager said that in addition to the usual suspects (i.e., Gretchen), there were three firefighters present the county wanted to recognize. The recognition is worth listening to in its entirety.
8. Reports – add an agenda item for Carter Way emergency access
Video. County Manager Joe Pritchard asked for this to be added. County Attorney G. Walter Elliott had no comment.
8. Reports – cost estimate for Carter Way emergency repair
Video. County Engineer Mike Fletcher said he had two bids for providing and transporting dirt, and one bid for labor. He expected to have more by Tuesday evening.
- 10. Meeting Adjournement
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: Fire, Library, rezonings, water main, road abandonments
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, February 11, 2019.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!