It’s Valdosta’s turn, after Lowndes County approved up to $40,000, tomorrow (Thursday 11 Aug 2016), it’s on the Valdosta City Council agenda for the city to approve a similar amount, adding up to matching what USGS is willing to supply. It was Valdosta’s idea in the first place, and maybe this interactive flood map for a small part of the Withlacoochee River through Valdosta will help prevent, or at least provide early warning for, the types of road closings and other floodings that happened in 2009.
REGULAR MEETING OF THE VALDOSTA CITY COUNCIL
5:30 PM Thursday, August 11, 2016
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
- Opening Ceremonies
- Awards and Presentations
- Consideration of the August 2016, Employee of the Month Award (Lt. Robert Mercer, Sgt. Shelly Miller, and Firefighter Austin Williams — Valdosta Fire Department).
- Special Presentation on the 2016 Southern Hospitality Group Workcamp.
- Minutes Approval
- Local Funding and Requests
- Consideration of a request to start a Small Business Seed Loan Program and enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with Valdosta State University’s Small Business Development Center for technical assistance.
- Consideration of a request to abandonment a utility easement on Emerson Way.
- Consideration of a Joint Funding Agreement (JFA) with the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) to develop a Flood Inundation Map for a portion of the Withlacoochee River.
- City Manager’s Report
- Council Comments
- Citizens to be Heard