Most controversial and not on the agenda: Zika and mosquito control in the County Manager’s report. They vote tonight at 5:30 PM.
The county wants to operate and maintain water treatment, wastewater, and three swimming pools at Moody AFB. Are they changing the speed limit on your road? And the county is re-evaluating its job descriptions.
Also on the agenda: reappointing Mac McCall to ZBOA, the Verizon tower from the previous Planning Commission meeting, the Abandonment of Strong Road (CR 250), and Execution of the Resolution for the Hazardous Waste Trust Fund for the closed landfill: yes the same one they signed an easement for the Sabal Trail fracked methane pipeline to go through.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!
- 1. Call to Order 4. Minutes for Approval
- 5.a. County Appointment – Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA)
- 6.a. TWR-2016-01 Verizon Wireless, 4278 Lakeland Highway
- 6.b. Abandonment of Strong Road (CR 250)
- 7.a. Infrastructure for Grammercy Subdivision Phase II
- 7.b. Execution of the Resolution for the Hazardous Waste Trust Fund
- 7.c. Speed Zone Ordinance
- 7.d. Declaration of Surplus Items for Fire Department
- 7.e. Firehouse Software Upgrade
- 7.f. Moody AFB Water/Wastewater Treatment Systems Contract
- 7.g. Contract with Condrey and Associates, Inc.
- 7.h. Bulk Computer Purchase
- 8.a. Bid for Equipment for Fire Apparatus
- 8.b. Bid for Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus Equipment
9. Reports – County Manager – Zika and mosquito control
Video. Ashley Tye gave a report on Zika and mosquito control. It turns out Lowndes County is already doing the right things for mosquito control.
- 11. Adjournment
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos: Mosquitoes! ZBOA Reappointment, Verizon tower, Strong abandonment, closed landfill
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, August 8, 2016.