On July 26th 2016, they approved up to $40,000 for the Withlacoochee River Flood Inundation Map Project, and I thanked them for that and for considering my modest suggestion. The County Manager, unlike the previous morning, did not mention it’s time for scheduling meetings to set millage rates. Still no applicant for the Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities Board, but Commissioner Joyce Evans thought she had a prospect for later.
Below are links to each LAKE video with a few notes, followed by a video playlist. See also the LAKE videos of the previous morning’s Work Session.
- 1. Call to Order 2. Invocation 3. Pledge
- 4. Minutes for Approval
- 5.a. Appointment – Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities
- 5.a. Appointment – Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (pt 2)
- 6.a. REZ-2016-13 Ed and Evelyn Lund, 4701 Knights Ferry Rd, PD-R
- 6.b. Abandonment of a Portion of Worthington Triangle
- 7.a. Transportation Service Contract Addendum
- 7.b. Land Exchange between Georgia DOT and Lowndes County
- 7.c. LAS Pump Motor Repair
- 7.d. Foxborough Pressure Reducing Valve/Vault
- 7.e. ACCG IRMA Liabilty Program Renewal
- 7.f. Withlacoochee River Flood Inundation Map Project
- 7.f. Vote on Withlacoochee River Flood Inundation Map Project
- 7.g. Worthington Triangle Right-of-Way Quitclaim Deeds
- 8. Reports – County Manager
- 9. CWTBH: John S. Quarterman thanks for flood map funding
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos: funded flood map, Behavioral Health Board still vacant, Rezoning also on GLPC Monday, road abandonment, land exchange
Regular Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by John S. Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, July 26, 2016.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!