What are the Industrial Authority (excuse me, Development Authority) bonds for? Maybe they’re finally going to finance solar power for people here, since VLCIA has a budget surplus?
Since George Page got appointed to the Airport Authority by the City of Valdosta, I suppose they’re going to reappoint Steve Everett. They last reappointed him May 13, 2014. By the way, he’s the Chair of VLCAA.
Here’s the agenda, which has the dates off by one.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, MAY 22, 2018, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, MAY 23, 2018, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Valdosta- Lowndes County Industrial Authority Series 2018 Bonds (Work Session)
- Minutes for Approval
- For Consideration
- 2018 GA DCA EIP and EDA Grant Requests
Staff recommendation: approval
- Additional Deputy Coroner Request
Approval of Deputy Coroner
- Shredding Contract from River Mill Data Management
This is a request for an approval of the contract with River Mill for all shredding from the Probation Department.
- Opioid Litigation
Approval of resolution and agreement
- Bid for Exterior Cleaning for the Judicial/Administrative Complex
Award the bid to ABM and authorize the Chairman to sign the contract
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!