Last week while we were out of town, the Lowndes County Commission considered two rezonings, one with a Union Road, Hahira address, by far the longest, with Judge Arthur McLane speaking against, the applicant Stacy Stubbs speaking for, and quite a bit of discussion among Commissioners and staff, after which they approved it 3:2 with the two conditions proposed by the Planning Commission. The other rezoning has a Valdosta address, which they approved unanimously; for both see also the preceding Planning Commission meeting. Plus a third transportation item, GDOT Option for Right of Way at Exit 11. A bid, a bunch of contracts, and an alcohol license; pretty routine. The previously-tabled and somewhat controversial Additional Deputy Coroner Request passed 3:2.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, JUNE 11, 2018, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, JUNE 12, 2018, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearing
- REZ-2018-11 McMullen, Johnson Road S., R-21 to R-A, County Water & Septic, 8.751 acres
GLPC Recommendation: Approval
TRC Recommendation: Various
Documents:Rezoning Case REZ-2018-11.pdf
- REZ-2018-12 Stubbs Storage, 6125 Union Rd, E-A to C-G, Well and Septic, 12.81 acres
GLPC Recommendation: Approval with Two Conditions (Buffers and Uses)
TRC Recommendation: Various
Documents:Rezoning Case REZ-2018-12.pdf
- For Consideration
- Motorola Support Agreement
Approval of agreement
Documents:Motorola Support Agreement.pdf
- Office of the Governor Criminal Justice Coordinating Council Accountability Court Lowndes County DUI- State Court
Approval of grant
- Service Contract for the Logisys CAD System
Approval of contract
- Additional Deputy Coroner Request
Approval of Deputy Coroner
Documents:Request Additional Deputy Coroner.pdf
- Solicitor General's VOCA Supplemental Grant Application
Approval of grant application
- GDOT Option for Right of Way at Exit 11
Authorize Chairman to sign the Option.
- Beer, Wine & Liquor License – Mukeshkumar Patel of Prince & Shiva Corporation DBA Liquor King, 4960 Bemiss Rd., Valdosta, GA
2. Board’s Pleasure
- CSS Probation Tracking System Agreement
Contact for software from CSS for use by the Probation Department.
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Here’s the video:
Two rezonings, bids, contracts, and alcohol
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Lowndes County.
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, June 11, 2018.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!