Almost everything else was read out and unanimously approved, except the one most contentious the previous morning, 7 b. Additional Deputy Coroner Request, was tabled.
Below are LAKE videos of each item, with a few notes, followed by a LAKE video playlist. See also the LAKE videos of the previous morning’s Work Session and the agenda.
- 1. Call to Order 2. Invocation 3. Pledge
- Special Proclamation – EMT Services
- 5. Minutes for approval
- 6a. Appointment – Valdosta-Lowndes County Airport Authority
- 7a. 2018 GA DCA EIP and EDA Grant Requests
7 b. Additional Deputy Coroner Request
Video. Motion by Commissioner Joyce Evans to table, seconded by somebody, passed unanimously.
- 7 c. Shredding Contract from River Mill Data Management
- 7 d. Opioid Litigation
8 a. Bid for Exterior Cleaning for the Judicial/Administrative Complex
Video. All bids were rejected and the bid process to be restarted.
- 9. Reports (none) 10. CWTBH – Gretchen Quarterman 11. Adjournment
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: EMT, Cleaning, Bids, VLCIA bonds, Airport Authority, Opioids
Regular Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, May 22, 2018.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!