Are they changing the speed limit on your road? The county wants to operate and maintain water treatment, wastewater, and three swimming pools at Moody AFB. And the county is re-evaluating its job descriptions.
Also on the agenda for this morning at 8:30 AM (they vote Tuesday evening at 5:30 PM): reappointing Mac McCall to ZBOA, the Verizon tower from the previous Planning Commission meeting, Abandonment of Strong Road (CR 250), and Execution of the Resolution for the Hazardous Waste Trust Fund for the closed landfill: yes the same one they signed an easement for the Sabal Trail fracked methane pipeline to go through.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, AUGUST 8, 2016, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, AUGUST 9, 2016, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- County Appointment – Valdosta/Lowndes County Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA)
County Appointment to the Valdosta-Lowndes County ZBA
- Public Hearings
- TWR-2016-01 Verizon Wireless, 4278 Lakeland Highway, 0210-002, E-A, New ~100′ Tower
TRC Recommendation: Approval
GLPC Recommendation: Approval with 1 Condition (Lighting)
- Abandonment of Strong Road (CR 250)
Make one or both of the required determinations
Documents:Abandonment of Strong Road (CR 250).pdf
- For Consideration
- Adopt Resolution accepting Infrastructure for Grammercy Subdivision Phase II
Adopt the Resolution
- Execution of the Resolution for the Hazardous Waste Trust Fund
Execute the Resolution and the “Agreement Governing Expenditures for State and Local Government Costs”
- Speed Zone Ordinance
Adopt the Ordinance
Documents:Speed Zone Ordinance.pdf
- Declaration of Surplus Items for Fire Department
Request that the listed items be declared surplus and staff authorized to properly dispose of all items.
- Firehouse Software Upgrade
Request authorization for the Fire Department to upgrade Firehouse Software for the amount of $14,420.
Documents:Firehouse Software Upgrade.pdf
- Moody AFB Water/Wastewater Treatment Systems Contract
Authorize Chairman to sign contract FA4830-16-P-S001 between Lowndes County and Moody AFB for the operation and maintenance of the Moody AFB water and wastewater treatment systems contract.
Not included with the agenda, here’s the situation with Moody WWTP, by TEC, which appears to be a Cardno company.
- Contract with Condrey and Associates, Inc.
Approve contract with Condrey and Associates, Inc. to conduct a job description analysis and update study
- Bulk Computer Purchase
Approval of purchase
Documents:Bulk Computer Purchase from Dell.pdf
- Bid for Equipment for Fire Apparatus
Recommend awarding bid to the lowest bidder meeting the specifications.
Documents:Bid for Equipment for Fire Apparatus.pdf
- Bid for Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus Equipment
Recommend the bid be awarded to the lowest bidder meeting the specifications.
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address