Video of Spectra answering a question about Sabal Trail in Madison, FL @ Sabal 2013-12-17

When someone took Susan Waller up on her offer to answer questions about the Sabal Trail pipeline, she seemed to find the truth as reported by her own company to a federal pipeline oversight agency to be “disruptive”.

Disable Sabal – Sabal Trail (Spectra Energy) Open House Madison, FL,

We are a very genuine, safe, law-abiding company.
So said Spectra VP or Shareholder Outreach Susan Waller. She then complained that “your group” was “disruptive” and “you don’t want to hear the truth”.

So Ben Vieth showed Waller lists of incidents of corrosion reported by Spectra to PHMSA. To which another Sabal Trail rep. said, “We have a safe operation”.

Here’s the video:


Video of Spectra answering a question about Sabal Trail in Madison, FL
Sabal Trail natural gas pipeline,
FERC-required Open House, Sabal Trail Transmission and Spectra Energy (Sabal),
Video by Blake Clark, Madison, Madison County, Florida, 17 December 2013.

It’s interesting that even after both Spectra’s Brian Fahrenthold and Andrea Grover claimed they were “unfamiliar” with Spectra’s own record of fines by PHMSA and EPA 9 December 2013 after the Lowndes County Commission meeting that Spectra VP Susan Waller should try this tack of claiming those who were showing her the truth as reported by her own company didn’t want to hear the truth. Hm, maybe the truth is disruptive to Spectra’s plans to gouge a 100-foot path for a yard-wide methane pipeline through properties and communities for the profit of corporate executives and investors in Houston, Texas and Juno Beach, Florida?

The VDT yesterday reported about the Sabal Trail Open House at Clyattville Elementary in Lowndes County,

Susan Waller, vice president of Sabal Trail’s stakeholder outreach and sustainability program, said the company has surveyed roughly 90 percent of Lowndes County, and is working with the other 10 percent.

“I want stakeholders to talk to us. They have to ask the questions so we can answer them,” Waller said. “Keep talking. Don’t shut down.”

Here’s an example of what happened when somebody tried to ask her questions.

-jsq

1 thought on “Video of Spectra answering a question about Sabal Trail in Madison, FL @ Sabal 2013-12-17

  1. Pingback: Susan Waller refusing to answer a question @ Sabal 2013-12-17 | On the LAKE front

Comments are closed.