Here’s a rare Lowndes County Commission session where the total amount of taxpayers dollars being considered to spend is zero.
|$368,179.20||FY2024 Juvenile Justice Incentive Grant|
|-$368,179.20||Reimbursed 100% by CJCC|
That of course ignores future road and utility maintenance costs for Quarterman Estates Subdivision Phase 4, Section 1 and Grove Pointe Subdivision Phase 5, Section 3, plus whatever it will cost for the county to run the Quiet Pines Golf Course for Moody AFB. Lowndes County already operates Moody AFB’s wastewater treatment plant.
Here is the agenda. We have no board packet to show you, because there has been no response to the LAKE open records request of 8:00 AM Tuesday, four working days ago, even though the Georgia Open Records Act (GORA) requires a response within three days.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, APRIL 24, 2023, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, APRIL 25, 2023, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearing
- Beer, Wine and Liquor License – Tony Taylor of Taylor Entertainment, LLC DBA Twin Lakes Club and Grill – 4875 Hwy. 41 South, Lake Park, GA
- Beer, Wine and Liquor License – Travis Ostrom of TKO-SC, LLC DBA Stone Creek Golf Club and Restaurant – 4553 Greenway Dr., Valdosta, GA
- For Consideration
- FY2024 Juvenile Justice Incentive Grant
- Quiet Pines Golf Course Agreement
Documents:Quiet Pines Golf Course Agreement.pdf
- Acceptance of Infrastructure for Quarterman Estates Subdivision Phase 4, Section 1
- Acceptance of Infrastructure for Grove Pointe Subdivision Phase 5, Section 3
- Amended Residential Solid Waste Franchise for Deep South Sanitation, LLC
- Amended Residential Solid Waste Franchise for Advanced Disposal Services
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!