After discussion Monday morning, on Tuesday evening the Lowndes County Commission will approve spending $2 million tax dollars, mostly in $1.6 million on Lake Park Bellville Road, including relocating water and sewer lines. There’s another $90,000 on Hightower Road and Cooper Road NE, Right of Way Purchases.
|$1,655,975.00||Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) Contract Item Agreement/Memorandum of Understanding Lake Park Bellville Road|
|$280,193.75||FY 2020 Hazard Mitigation Assistance Grant Application|
|$90,670.31||Approval of Hightower Road and Cooper Road NE, Right of Way Purchases|
|$29,400.00||Cybersecurity Maturity Tier 1|
|$12,500.00||Agreement with SGRC to Develop 2021 Lowndes County Comprehensive Plan Update|
|$20,000.00||FY 2020 Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention Grant (to be fully reimbursed)|
REZ-2020-20 Ballyntyne 6712 Clyattstone Road is back yet again, this time probably to be improved. The agenda sheet says no cost for that rezoning, but remember last time we added up more than $3 million the county has already spent on Clyattstone Road and water and sewer infrastructure.
The least expensive item with dollars listed is FY 2020 Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention Grant, because it will be fully reimbursed.
Also inexpensive and probably cost-effective is Agreement with SGRC to Develop 2021 Lowndes County Comprehensive Plan Update.
Listed at no cost to the county is Addition to Basic Decorative Street Lighting District – Creekside West, Ph. 6 & 7 and Val Del Villas, which includes maps of subdivisions in northwest Lowndes County, allowing you to see the extent of sprawl so far in that direction.
The board packet is on the LAKE website, received Friday in response to a LAKE open records request.
We look forward to board packets being on the county’s own website along with the agenda.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, JANUARY 25, 2021, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2021, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Special Presentation by Dr. William Grow – COVID-19 Update (Work Session Only)
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearing
- Addition to Basic Decorative Street Lighting District – Creekside West, Ph. 6 & 7 and Val Del Villas
- REZ-2020-20 Ballyntyne 6712 Clyattstone Road (0071 008) R-1 to R-10, Water & Sewer, ~40.3 acres
- For Consideration
- Agreement with SGRC to Develop 2021 Lowndes County Comprehensive Plan Update
- SGRC 5311 Regional Transit Authorizing Resolution
- Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) Contract Item Agreement/Memorandum of Understanding Lake Park Bellville Road
- Wine License – Sanketkumar Patel & Pravinkumar Patel of DSYP, LLC DBA Raceway #1177 – 1177 Lakes Blvd., Lake Park, GA
- Special Assessment Rate for 2021
Documents:Special Assessment Rate for 2021.pdf
- FY 2020 Hazard Mitigation Assistance Grant Application
- FY 2020 Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention Grant
- Resolution Authorizing the Tax Commissioner to Receive Checks, Money Orders, Debit Cards & Credit Cards for Payment of Taxes and License Fees
- Cybersecurity Maturity Tier 1
Documents:Cybersecurity Maturity Tier 1.pdf
- Approval of Hightower Road and Cooper Road NE, Right of Way Purchases
- Extension of COVID-19 Leave Benefits
Documents:Extension of COVID-19 Leave Benefits.pdf
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!