Why is the owner of the planned 300-foot communications tower off US 84 a secret? The Lowndes County Commission will deliberate on that rezoning and three more Monday morning at 8:30 AM and vote on it Tuesday at 5:30 PM, after these rezonings were heard Monday at the Planning Commission.
Why does the agenda sheet for REZ-2020-11 Bella Mill Plantation, 8450 Ousley Rd., next to Tiger Creek and a short distance upstream from the Withlacoochee River, make no mention of sewage or the size of the septic system relative to the number of expected attendees at the planned event facility? Why is there no mention of any speakers against this rezoning, even though there was at least one at the Planning Commission?
In addition to two other rezonings, the County Commission will most likely reappoint Tommy Willis to the Planning Commission.
Here is the agenda. The entire board packet for Monday and Tuesday is on the LAKE website, along with the minutes for the previous meetings two weeks ago, in response to a LAKE open records request. Thanks to new County Clerk Belinda Lovern and Sabrina Denson for speedy responses to such requests.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2020, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2020, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearing
- REZ-2020-10 Benny Cowart, 4115 Ezelle Rd., 0188 160, 7.9 ac., EA to R1, well/septic
Documents:REZ-2020-10 Benny Cowart.pdf
- REZ-2020-11 Bella Mill Plantation, 8450 Ousley Rd., 0017 096, 15.8 ac., EA to PD, well/septic
Documents:REZ-2020-11 Bella Mill Plantation.pdf
- REZ-2020-12 Southern Tractor & Outdoors Valdosta Facility, US Hwy 84, 0059 090, 43.8 ac., EA to CH, water/sewer
- TWR-2020-02 Kinspy Rd., 7346 Porter Rd., 0226 005, 37.3 ac., EA
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!