Update 2020-09-05: Added to the LAKE website the files on late arrival Southern Tractor.
Lowndes County and Valdosta will hear several rezoning cases this week that were before the Planning Commission Monday. The County has a a family children partition case, an event center for weddings and such next to Tiger Creek, for which staff recommends four conditions, a 43.8 acre rezoning for Southern Tractor & Outdoors Valdosta Facility, and a 300′ communications tower for an unnamed company.
The GLPC board packet materials for the Lowndes County cases are on the LAKE website, thanks to new Lowndes County Clerk Belinda Lovern, in response to an open records request from LAKE.
The Lake Park and Hahira cases were already heard this week by their Councils and Mayors.
Here is the agenda. I’ve interpolated the WRPDO Site Map where I’ve got it (the county didn’t send anything for REZ-2020-12), and a Tax Assessors’ map otherwise.
Greater Lowndes Planning Commission
~ Lowndes County ~ City of Valdosta ~ City of Dasher ~ City of Hahira ~ City of Lake Park ~ City of Remerton ~
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING AGENDA
Monday, August 31, 2020 5:30 P.M. Public Hearing
VLPRA Meeting Room, 1901 N Forrest St., Valdosta, Georgia
- Call to Order, Pledge, and Invocation
- Approval of the Meeting Minutes: July 27, 2020
120 N. Essa Street, Lake Park, Georgia Lake Park City Hall,
Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 6:00 p.m.
Point of Contact: Tabitha Fowler, City Clerk (229) 559-7470
- LP 2020-07-08, Robert A. Register Estate (Justin Roberts, Developer), rezone 114.7-acre tract 0221C 001 to R-10, Single-Family Residential
327 N. Ashley Street, Valdosta, Georgia,
Lowndes County Judicial and Administrative Complex, Commission Chambers 2nd Floor,
Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 5:30 pm
Point of Contact: JD Dillard, Director – Planning & Zoning, (229) 671-2430
- REZ-2020-10 Benny Cowart, 4115 Ezelle Rd., 0188 160, 7.9 ac., EA to R1, well/septic
- REZ-2020-11 Bella Mill Plantation, 8450 Ousley Rd., 0017 096, 15.8 ac., EA to PD, well/septic
- REZ-2020-12 Southern Tractor & Outdoors Valdosta Facility, US Hwy 84, 0059 090, 43.8 ac., EA to CH, water/sewer
- TWR-2020-02 Kinspy Rd., 7346 Porter Rd., 0226 005, 37.3 ac., EA
Thursday, September 10, 2020, 5:30 pm
Point of Contact: Matt Martin, City Planning and Zoning Administrator (229) 259-3563
- VA-2020-08 Domaraa Graham, 2904 North Patterson Street,
Request to rezone 0.90 acres from Neighborhood Commercial (C-N) to Community Commercial (C-C)
- VA-2020-09 Hamilton Dickey, 7 Ramblewood Circle,
Request Planned Development approval for a non-conventional single-family residential subdivision in R-15 zoning
Thursday, September 3, 2020 6:00 p.m.
Point of Contact: Matt Martin, Planning and Zoning Administrator (229) 259-3563
- HA-2020-03 City of Hahira, 6590 Brookridge Drive,
Request to rezone 106.28 acres from Estate Agricultural (E-A) and Conservation (CON), to Single-Family Residential (R-15)
- HA-2020-04 City of Hahira, 6590 Brookridge Drive,
Request to annex 106.28 acres into the City of Hahira
- HA-2020-05 City of Hahira, 100 -104 North Church Street,
Request to rezone 0.43 acres from Residential (R-P) and Single-Family Residential (R-10), to Central Business District (CBD)
- HA-2020-06 Millicent Crawford, 302 Wright Street,
Request Special Exception to allow a Personal Care Home in R-10 zoning
- HA-2020-07 Millicent Crawford, 302 Wright Street,
Variance to minimum building setback requirements in R-10 zoning
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!