Three Lowndes County Commission items are about water: Transfer of Drainage Easement Agreement between Lowndes County and the City of Lake Park, and two Lift Station Pumps, Francis Lake for $49,103.25 to buy a new pump and Peterson Road for $29,689.20 for repairs for lightning damage, both to Xylem. There is no mention of bids.
Francis Lake or Frances Lake keeps coming up at the County Commission and the Planning Commission.
County Manager Joe Pritchard has a mystery item, Dedication of Private Roads, and they are going to appoint Jason Shaw as a member at large to the mystery South Regional Joint Development Authority, about which the Lowndes County website says:
Similar to the Lowndes Development Authority, this joint authority is comprised of members representing Lowndes, Berrien, Brooks, Clinch, Echols and Lanier counties. Serving as a funding mechanism, members are appointment by their respective county for a term of four years. For more information, you may contact the Office of the County Clerk, 229-671-2400, or email the County Clerk.
No current Member At Large is listed.
Here is the agenda.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, AUGUST 26,2019, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, AUGUST 27, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Proclamation Presentation to Lowndes County Fire Rescue
- For Consideration
- Beer, Wine, and Liquor License – Yogeshkumar B. Patel of Jay Ma Matri Inc., DBA Madison Package Store – 2603 Madison Hwy., Valdosta, GA
- Adoption of the Millage Rate
Documents:Adoption of the Millage Rate.pdf
- Abandonment of Unopened Right of Way – Ivandale Circle
- Transfer of Drainage Easement Agreement between Lowndes County and the City of Lake Park
- Updated Title VI Plan for Lowndes County Transit
- South Regional Joint Development Authority Resolution
- ImageTrend Service Agreement
Documents:ImageTrend Service Agreement.pdf
- Francis Lake Lift Station Pump
Documents:Francis Lake Lift Station Pump.pdf
- Peterson Road Lift Station Pump
Documents:Peterson Road Lift Station Pump.pdf
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!