Stafford Wright Road is getting its 12″ water main, connecting all the way from Spring Creek subdivision off of Studstill Road to Val Del Road. That’s Nelson Hill on the center left and Foxborough lower left: subdivisions like that are what to expect on Stafford Wright Road soon.
Map: VALORGIS. Green is Lowndes County sewer line; blue is water mains.
This appears to be another no-bid contract, this time for $96,750.
The county in July just spent $27,750 on a pump and motor for Spring Creek which they said was an emergency because it was running 24 hours a day.
Back in February at their planning session they discussed this as part of their desired complete loop among the major county water systems (except Lake Alapaha).
Speaking of Lake Alapaha, three years ago (2014) they bought about $1.5 million of new equipment for both Lake Alapaha and Spring Creek from the same Lovell Engineering that got a $60,000 no-bid contract for Lake Alapaha the previous year (2013) and is getting the no-bid contract this week.
Also on the agenda is reappointing Dr. Mark J. Eanes to the Lowndes County Board of Health, and REZ-2017-11 Arrow Engineering Office that the Planning Commission last month recommended denying by a 5:2:1 vote. I even spoke against it.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2017, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2017, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearing
- REZ-2017-11 Arrow Engineering Office, R-A and E-A to O-I, Well and Septic, ~2.5 acres
GLPC Recommendation: Denial
TRC Recommendation: Various
Documents:Rezoning Case REZ-2017-11.pdf
- Abandonment of Old Valdosta Lakeland Road
- For Consideration
- Abandonment of Lane Road and a Portion of Sheavette Road
- Approve Agreement and Execute Resolution for the Hazardous Waste Trust Fund (HWTF)
Execute the Resolution and “Agreement Governing Expenditures for State and Local Government Costs”
- Grant Re-Application for the Rural Transportation Program and Associated Resolution
Motion to approve the re-application and to adopt the resolution
- Request to Purchase (3) Sets of Demo Extrication Tools
Request Authorization to purchase 3 sets of demo tools in the amount of $55,000.
- Request to Purchase 10 New Automatic External Defibrillators (AED)
Request authorization to purchase 10 new AEDs from Physio-Control.
- Tyler Electronic Filing Participation Agreement
Approval of agreement
- Tyler Merchant Payment Card Processing Agreement
Approval of agreement
- Section 125 Plan Document Renewal for 2018
- Beer, Wine & Liquor License – Jankiben Patel of VYOM Enterprises LLC DBA Liquor Barn, 3990 N. Valdosta Rd., Valdosta, GA
2. Board’s Pleasure
- Continued Environmental Services – AECOM Technical Services, Inc.
Proposal from AECOM for Continued Environmental Services for the Lowndes County Judicial & Administration Complex Former Wisenbaker/Amoco Service Station.
- Grant of Easement for Utility Right of Way Moody-Mission Point
Approval of easement agreement
- Professional Surveying, Permitting, and Engineering Services for North Lowndes and Spring Creek Interconnection
Approval of proposal
- DA's Federal VOCA Grant Application Renewal
Approval of application
- Georgia Power- VisionFirst
Documents:Georgia Power- VisionFirst.pdf
- Assignment and Assumption of Services Agreement with CSRA Probation Services
Approval of contract
- Bid for Grounds Maintenance at County Facilities
1. Accept the proposal from Strick Landscaping, LLC and authorize the Chairman to sign the one-year contract
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!