Citizen Delores Matchett wanted to know why Howell Lane isn’t paved when all the streets around it are; she mentioned several new subdivisions. She said Commissioners had no idea how fast people drive on that dirt road.
Commissioner Demarcus Marshall noted (as a different Commissioner did Monday morning) that the three lift station pumps are no-bid. The agenda sheets for them said because of some unexplained county policy.
Below are links to each LAKE video, followed by a video playlist. See also the LAKE videos of yesterday morning’s Work Session and the agenda.
- 1. Call to Order 2. Invocation 3. Pledge
- 4. MInutes for Approval
- 5a. Appt – GA Dept of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities
- 6a. 2016 LEOP Update and Resolution for Emergency Management
- 6b. USGS Funding Agreement for Hwy 122 Stream Gauge
- 6 c/d/e. Lift Pump Station Repairs
- 6 f. Service Contract with Motorola for PSRS
- 6g. Resolution accepting infrastructure for Knights Landing
- 6 h/i. Contract with GADoT for Interchange Lighting Exit 2 & 11
- 7a. Bid for Oil Products for Public Works
- 8. Reports – County Manager – none
- 9. CWTBH – Dolores Matchett
- 10. Meeting Adjournment
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: 3 no-bid lift station pumps, BHDD Appointment, USGS GA 122 Little River gage
Regular Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, September 27, 2016.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!