They vote Tuesday night at 5:30 PM. In these LAKE videos of Monday morning’s 8.5 minute Work Session, you can see they are buying three new lift station pumps, and for each: “This pump has not been bid due to it being a sole source item in accordance with the County’s standards and specifications.” One commissioner did ask about that. Where can we see these no-bid standards and specifications? In other water news, they are likely to approve the annual renewal of the USGS Little River GA 122 stream gauge, which they started paying for after the 2009 floods.
In transportation, two GDOT contracts for I-75 exist lighting, for Exit 2 and exit 11, plus resolution accepting infrastructure for Kings Landing Subdivision, which is off Bemiss Knights Academy Road.
And yes, they actually named an appointee in the agenda! Dr. Wilhelmenia Howell for Georgia Department Of Behavioral Health And Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD).
Below are links to each LAKE video, followed by a video playlist.
- 1. Order 2. Minutes
- 5.a. Appointment to GA Dept. Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities
- 6.a. 2016 LEOP Update and Resolution for Emergency Management
- 6.b. USGS Funding Agreement for Hwy 122 Stream Gauge
- 6.c. Blue Lake Lift Station Pump
- 6.d. Moody Housing Lift Station Pump
- 6.e. Pine Grove Middle School Lift Station Pump
- 6.f. Service Contract with Motorola for PSRS
- 6.g. Adopt Resolution accepting infrastructure for Knights Landing Subdivision
- 6.h. Contract with GDOT for Interchange Lighting Exit 2
- 6.i. Contract with GDOT for Interchange Lighting Exit 11
- 7.a. Bid for Oil Products for Public Works
8. Reports — County Manager
Video. No report.
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: 8.5 minutes, Appointment to BHDD, USGS GA 122 Little River gage, 3 lift station pumps
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by John S. Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, September 26, 2016.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!