The county has an on-call bus system, run by MIDS, Inc., and they’re doing the annual grant paperwork. Judge H. Arthur McLane will speak this morning about the Courthouse Preservation Committee; see LAKE videos of its public meetings. Tuesday the County Commission will decide the rezonings, one commercial and one subdivision, previously recommended unanimously by the Planning Commission: will they discuss the poor people they’re displacing, unlike the Planning Commission? Plus they will accept Utilities for Creekside West Phase II, i.e., water and sewer. They will declare at least two Potential Conflict(s) of Interest for Commissioner Joyce Evans and County Clerk Paige Dukes on the board of the hildren’s Advocacy Center of Lowndes County, Inc. (CAC), before agreeing for the Chairman to sign a Resolution to submit to the Georgia Department of Community Affairs for a $500,000 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) for the CAC. We don’t know what those conflicts are, because as usual the county only published the agenda sheets for each agenda item, without the rest of the details that are in the board packets.
It’s a welcome change that for rezonings they now consider traffic on nearby roads, unlike back in 2011 when then-Chairman Ashley Paulk said:
I’m not going to argue Bemiss Highway, it’s not a pertinent fact.
Who knows? Next maybe they’ll consider expanding to regular routes on the bus system.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MARCH 9, 2015, MONDAY, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, MARCH 10, 2015, TUESDAY, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Courthouse Presentation-Judge McLane (Work Session)
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearings
- REZ-2015-04 Stovall Property, N Oak St Ext., R-21 to C-G, Well & Other, ~ 5.84 acres
TRC Recommendation: Approval with One Condition (Buffer)
GLPC Recommendation: Approval with One Condition (Buffer)
- REZ-2015-05 Ivy Gate 2, Cat Creek Rd., R-21 to R-10, Water/Sewer, ~10.33 acres
TRC Recommendation: Approval with One Condition (Access)
GLPC Recommendation: Approval with One Condition (Access)
- Grant Re-Application for the Rural Transportation Program and Associated Resolution
Approve the re-application, adopt the resolution, and authorize necessary documents to be signed for continuance of Lowndes County’s 5311 Rural Transportation Program
Documents:Grant Re-Application for RTP.pdf
- For Consideration
- Acceptance of Utilities for Creekside West Phase II
Adopt Resolution for Acceptance Of Water and Sewer Infrastructure
- Title VI Plan for Lowndes County Transit
Approval of Title VI Plan required by the Federal Transit Administration
Documents:Title VI Plan.pdf
- Transportation Service Contract Addendum
Approve the Addendum to the Contract as Requested by MIDS, Inc.
- GA DCA – FY 2015 CDBG Declaration of Potential Conflict(s) of Interest for Commissioner Joyce Evans and County Clerk Paige Dukes
Verbally confirm Commissioner Evans and the County Clerk’s positions on the CAC Board
Documents:CDBG Potential Conflicts.pdf
- GA DCA – FY 2015 CDBG Submittal Resolution
Recommendation: Support and Authorize the Chairman to Sign the Resolution to DCA
Documents:CDBG Submittal Resolution.pdf
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address