We would like to think that our community “leaders” are not full of pride and greed, but please listen closely:
Greed is an excessive desire to possess wealth or goods with the intention to keep it for one’s self. Greed is inappropriate expectation. However, greed is applied to a very excessive or rapacious desire and pursuit of wealth, status, and power. —Wikipedia
- The CUEE Board did NOT meet with both school boards prior to sending the petition around town.
- Troup County Schools have not met AYP in 8 years.
- Tennessee’s Hamilton County system, the entire district, is currently high priority. This means they have had two years of bad results. This is the school used in CUEE’s original study.
- CUEE’s expert Steve Prigohzy said,"If you believe in the end that running one system is cheaper than running two school systems. If in the end you are going to cast a vote for a single system because you think it would save money, I wouldn’t cast my vote I do not think it will save money."
- If consolidation passes, there will be only 7 Board Members representing almost 20,000 students.
Received 4 Oct 2011. -jsq