Update 2022-09-29: Packet: 1 Dasher art studio, 2 Lowndes County, 7 Valdosta @ GLPC 2022-09-26.
At the Greater Lowndes Planning Commission (GLPC) meeting this evening at 5:30 PM, the only sizeable rezoning they will discuss will be REZ-2022-16 Townes at 4443, 4443 Bemiss Road, and that one is next to another subdivision, on the county’s main northside drag.
It will be interesting to see how this Valdosta rezoning goes, after recent shenanigans involving a Lowndes County halfway house rezoning: REZ-2022-16 Townes at 4443, 4443 Bemiss Road.
Map: VLCIA Parcel 0160C 003, 1349 Statenville Road, — Lowndes County Tax Assessors. The waterway on the right is Knights Creek, in the Alapaha River Basin.
Here is the agenda:
Greater Lowndes Planning Commission
~ Lowndes County ~ City of Valdosta ~ City of Dasher ~
~ City of Hahira ~ City of Lake Park ~ City of Remerton ~
Monday, September 19, 2022 5:30 P.M. Work Session
Monday, September 26, 2022 5:30 P.M. Regular Session
Lowndes County South Health District Administrative Office
325 West Savannah Avenue, Valdosta, Georgia
- Call to Order, Pledge, and Invocation
- Approval of the Meeting Minutes: August 29, 2022
City of Dasher Cases:
FINAL ACTION by the City of Dasher, 3686 US HWY 41 S., Dasher, Georgia
Dasher City Hall, Monday, October 3, 2022 6:00 pm
Point of Contact: Tonia Walker – City Clerk, (229) 559-3146
- DA-ZA-2022-03, T M Daniels, 3737 US Hwy 41S, 0190 240D, 1.3 ac., A-U (Agricultural) to R-P (Residential Professional)
Lowndes County Cases:
FINAL ACTION by the Lowndes County Board of Commissioners, 327 N. Ashley Street,
Valdosta, Georgia, Lowndes County Judicial and Administrative Complex Commission Chambers, 2nd Floor, Tuesday, October 11th, 2022, 5:30 pm
Point of Contact: JD Dillard, Director – Planning & Zoning, (229) 671-2430
- REZ-2022-16 Townes at 4443, 4443 Bemiss Road, 0145c-182, 0145c-181a & 0145c- 181, ~14.1 acres Current Zoning: C-G (General Commercial) and R-A (Residential Agricultural) Proposed Zoning: P-D (Planned Development) and C-G (General Commercial)
- REZ-2022-17 Luke, Seckinger Road, 0092 044 and 045, ~3.79 acres Current Zoning: E-A (Estate Agricultural) Proposed Zoning: R-1 (Low Density Residential)
City of Valdosta Cases:
FINAL ACTION by the City of Valdosta Mayor-Council, 216 E. Central Avenue,
Valdosta, Georgia, Valdosta City Hall, Council Chambers, 2″¢ Floor
Thursday, October 6, 2022, 5:30 p.m.
Point of Contact: Matt Martin – Planning and Zoning Administrator (229) 259-3563
- CU-2022-08 TEACH Outreach Ministries, 606 South Lee Street, CUP for a Transitional Housing facility in O-P zoning
- CU-2022-09 Ron Borders, 415 West Hill Avenue, CUP for a Light Manufacturing facility in C-H zoning
- VA-2022-16 Valdosta Lowndes County Development Authority (VLCDA), 1349 Old Statenville Road, Rezone 0.945 acres from R-1 (county) to M-2 (city)
- VA-2022-17 Valdosta Lowndes County Development Authority (VLCDA), 1349 Old Statenville Road, Annex 0.945 acres into the City of Valdosta
- VA-2022-18 Terramore Development LLC, 823 South Patterson Street, Rezone a total of 2.34 acres from R-6 and C-H, to all C-C
- VA-2022-19 Machouse Investments LLC, 207 & 209 West Cranford Avenue, Rezone 1.08 acres from DR-10 to R-6
- VA-2022-20 True North Companies, 2320 North Patterson Street, Planned Development approval for a Mixed-Use development in C-C, R-P, and R-P(c) zoning
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!