Not on Valdosta’s online calendar yet, but we got this email notice from City Council Tim Carroll, indicating Valdosta wastewater is first on his list to discuss. His number 4 about Internet speed and access is also of interest throughout the county and beyond. As are his other items.
I hope each and everyone of you are having a great start to 2019. As we kick the year off, it is time to begin preparing for the cities annual Mayor and Council retreat.
It will be held March 15 & 16 at the Women’s Building.
When: All day, Friday-Saturday, March 15-16, 2019
The Woman’s Building,
1409 N. Patterson St., Valdosta, GA 31602
What: Annual Retreat, Valdosta Mayor and City Council
My current list includes:
- Comprehensive update on sewer/storm water infrastructure projects.
- Report and brain storming from planning director on innovative new ways to encourage in-fill, commercial and residential growth. Including any incentives the city can provide. Especially within the Designated Revitalization Areas or DRA.
- Update on pedestrian/sidewalk/bicycle master plan.
- Update on new and improved business/citizen access to broadband-internet.
- Update from the Development Authority.
- Update on the One Lowndes project from VSU and Ga. Power.
Any questions or suggestions any of you may have, please feel free to let me know.
Councilman District 5
City of Valdosta
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!