On the Valdosta City Council agenda this Thursday, a budget public hearing (no agenda nor draft budget linked for that), and a bunch of bids, including three about the sewer system, ioncluding sewer lines on Iola Drive, manhole rehabilitation, and the Cured-In-Place-Pipe (CIPP) Lining Project. Here’s the Invitation to Bid for CIPP.
Maybe this kind of Sewer System Imprrovements is why Valdosta has not had a major spill in a hear and a half, while Tifton continues to spill. Also, over on the Flint River, Albany recently spilled quite a bit. Don’t worry: if Valdosta spills again, you’ll hear about it.
OF THE VALDOSTA CITY COUNCIL
5:30 PM Thursday, June 21, 2018
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
- Opening Ceremonies
- Minutes Approval
- Public Hearings
Bids, Contracts, Agreements and Expenditures
- Consideration of bids for the Georgia Department of Transportation 2018 Local Maintenance & Improvement Grant (LMIG) Program.
- Consideration of bids for an emergency re quest to purchase a John Deere 6110M Tractor for the Public Works Department.
- Consideration of bids for the purchase of a half -ton Service Truck with a Dump Bed for the Utilities Department.
- Consideration of bids for the replacement of sewer lines on Iola Drive.
- Consideration of bids for Phase 6 of the Manhole Rehabilitation Project.
- Consideration of bids for the Cured-In-Place-Pipe (CIPP) Lining Project.
- Citizens to be Heard
- City Manager’s Report
- Council Comments
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!