The Sheriff’s office could use more space, and VSU would like a research center downtown. For context, videos of the other hearings, and the Committee’s report, see Courthouse Preservation Committee Meetings.
- Introduction: second floor courtroom –Judge Arthur McLane
- Slide presentation
- Sheriff’s Office could use the space –Joe Crow & Sheriff Prine
- Historic Preservation supports preservation efforts –Emily Foster
- Valdosta Main Street happy to continue to use courthouse lawn –Ellen Hill
- Defer to Dr. LaPlant –Richard Saeger
- VSU research center downtown –James LaPlant
Here’s a video playlist:
Sheriff’s office and VSU
Meeting #3, Lowndes County Historical Courthouse Preservation Committee (Courthouse),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 12 June 2014.