The historic nature of the Nichols House in the proposed Turner Brooks subdivision next to VSU, which also has water issues noted by WWALS, will be considered at the Valdosta City Council tonight; the picture is of people at a previous Planning Commission meeting about this. See Alfred Willis’ comments to the Valdosta Historic Preservation Commission. Also Scintilla Charter School’s proposed rezoning, a sidewalk, streetlights, and other matters.
Here’s the agenda.
REGULAR MEETING OF THE VALDOSTA CITY COUNCIL
5:30 PM Thursday, October 23, 2014
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
- Opening Ceremonies
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag
- Minutes Approval
- Valdosta City Council – Regular Meeting – Oct 7, 2014 5:30 PM
- Public Hearings
- Consideration of an Ordinance for a Conditional Use Permit for an elementary school in a Single-Family Residential (R-10) Zoning District as requested by Scintilla Charter Academy Inc. (File No. CU-2014-08). The property is located at 2171 East Park Avenue. The Greater Lowndes Planning Commission reviewed this request at their September Regular Meeting and recommended approval with four conditions (9-0 vote). This request was tabled for two weeks at the October 7, 2014 Regular Meeting until the October 23, 2014 Regular Meeting.
- Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the Official Historic District Map of the City of Valdosta as requested by Alden Park Homeowners Association, Inc. (File No. HPC- 2014-63). The property is located at 400 Baytree Road and is known as the Nichols House. The Historic Preservation Commission reviewed this request at their October 6, 2014 Meeting and recommended approval (5-1 vote).
- Consideration of a request to close an alley between East Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive and Hudson Street.
- Ordinances and Resolutions
- Consideration of an Ordinance to adopt a new Code of Ordinances for the City of Valdosta. (First Reading)
- Consideration of a Resolution authorizing the City of Valdosta to enter into a Master Lease Agreement with the Georgia Municipal Association for a Direct Lease Program.
- Bids, Contracts, Agreements and Expenditures
- Consideration of bids for sidewalk improvements on Gordon Street.
- Consideration of a Memorandum of Agreement with the Georgia Department of Transportation for roadway lighting on State Route 38 (West Hill Avenue).
- City Manager’s Report
- Council Comments
- Citizens to be Heard