Candidates for Lowndes County Commission went on the record ( Mark Wisenbaker and Tom Hochschild both running for District 3, and Norman Bennett and Gretchen Quarterman both running for District 5), plus a statement by County Chairman Bill Slaughter, in addition to essential background information from directly affected landowners in the audience and from the panelists on why the proposed Sabal Trail methane pipeline is bad for property values, is hazardous here and elsewhere, and will be obsolete in a few decades, all at a SpectraBusters panel on the Sabal Trail pipeline at VSU, Saturday 29 March 2014.
The panelists were Larry Rodgers, a directly affected landowner, Danielle Jordan, president of Students Against Violating the Environment (S.A.V.E.), Michael G. Noll, president of Wiregrass Activists for Clean Energy (WACE), and an empty chair for Mrs. Susan Waller of Spectra Energy, who declined to attend. John S. Quarterman also spoke for another allied organization, WWALS Watershed Coalition.
Several other directly-affected landowners spoke from the audience, including Carol Singletary and Rick Hastings.
These videos by Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE) may be used without charge by all parties, including political candidates, provided attribution to LAKE is included.
- Introduction –Dr. Dana Williams
- Sabal Trail Pipeline –Michael G. Noll
- Statement, Richard Raines (District 2 Lowndes Co. Commission) –Dana Williams
- items –Bill Slaughter, Lowndes County Chairman
- Safety –Mark Wisenbaker, cand. District 3, Lowndes Co.
- Profit-sharing –Tom Hochschild, cand. Dist. 3, Lowndes Co.
- Property rights –Norman Bennett, cand. Dist. 5 Lowndes Co.
- Stewardship and justice –Gretchen Quarterman, cand. Dist. 5 Lowndes Co.
- No other candidates –Dana Williams
- I’ve been lied to –Larry Rodgers
- Fracking the environment –Danielle Jordan
- Solar will win soon –Michael G. Noll
- Export facility locations? –audience; Resources? –Carol Singletary
- Property value effects –Larry Rodgers
- Mrs. Waller said no effect on property values? –Carol Singletary
- Antiquated laws –Norman Bennett
- Cooperation –Michael Noll
- It affects my friends, therefore me –Rick Hastings
- Sign up –Michael Noll; WWALS, NRC, and FERC –John S. Quarterman
- County government can lead –Gretchen Quarterman
- Clipper wind, BP, and FPL –John Valdez
- Ichetucknee, fault line, fracking –Kelley Clark; Underbid –Carol S.
- Networking –Michael Noll
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos: Candidates, Landowners, Methane and Solar Power
Panel, Sabal Trail Pipeline, SpectraBusters
Videos by John S. Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
VSU, Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 29 March 2014.
Pingback: Lowndes County government can lead | Gretchen for Lowndes
Pingback: Sabal Trail will be expected to adhere and honor all Lowndes County Ordinances –Bill E Slaughter, JR to FERC | SpectraBusters