Newsflash! “no new information” and “questions were resolved” about the proposed abandonment of Old State Road at Hotchkiss Landing on the Alapaha River, according to the Commission. They vote tonight at 5:30 PM.
Dr. Bill Grow talked for fifteen minutes about South Health District, and managed not to ask the county for money, although the Health Dept. clearly could use some. Ashley Tye reported on local weather conditions and the county’s Code Red emergency warning system, in which lack of Internet access by some county residents came up.
It’s J. Glenn Gregory again for the South Regional Joint Development Authority and Commissioner Joyce Evans for the Southern Georgia Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council. They are applying for a grant for the county’s MIDS bus system and reapplying for a CDBG grant for Second Harvest.
Here’s the agenda, with links to the videos and some notes, followed by a video playlist.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2013, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2013, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
Only at the Regular Session.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
Only at the Regular Session.
- Minutes for Approval
- Work Session — February 11, 2013
- Regular Session — February 12, 2013
- South Regional Joint Development Authority
3 year term, Glenn Gregory wants to be reappointed. This Authority was mentioned by Andrea Schruijer at the most recent VLCIA board meeting.
- Southern Georgia Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council
Formerly held by former Commissioner the late G. Robert Carter. Apparently they were waiting for Commissioner Joyce Evans to get old enough; she is willing to serve.
- Public Hearing — Abandonment of a portion of Old State Road (CR 16)
The Engineer said there was “no new information” and the Chairman said “questions were resolved”. Nevermind what the public thinks.
- For Consideration
- Grant Re-Application for Rural Transportation Program and Associated Resolution
This is the county’s MIDS on-call bus system.
- FY 2013 CDBG Grant Submittal Resolution and Declaration Establishing No Conflict of Interest — Second Harvest of South Georgia Renovation Project
They didn’t get the grant last time, so they’re trying again.
- Reports-County Manager
- Local weather conditions and projections by Ashley Tye,
- discussion between Chairman Bill Slaughter and Ashley Tye
of the County’s Code Red weather alarm system, including “some people don’t have Internet access”.
- South Health District —Dr. Bill Grow
He didn’t ask them for money, although obviously the Health Dept. needs money.
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard Please State Name And Address
That’s only in the Regular Session, Tuesday at 5:30 PM.
Here’s a video playlist:
Video: two appointments, a public hearing, and two grants
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE), Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 25 February 2013.