These redevelopment rezonings all look unremarkable, although one never knows who will turn out to be in opposition or support.
In addition to the five Valdosta items and the one Lowndes County item on the agenda for Monday evening’s Greater Lowndes Planning Commission (GLPC) meeting, there was a Lake Park item, but it was pulled. I have included the packet materials for Lake Park anyway, for comparison in case it turns up in a later meeting.
The board packet materials, received in response to a LAKE open records request, are on the LAKE website.
Here is the agenda.
Greater Lowndes Planning Commission ~ Lowndes County ~ City of Valdosta ~ City of Dasher ~
~ City of Hahira ~ City of Lake Park ~ City of Remerton ~
Monday, May 15, 2023 5:30 P.M. Work Session
Monday, May 22, 2023 5:30 P.M. Regular Session
Lowndes County South Health District Administrative Office
325 West Savannah Avenue, Valdosta, Georgia
- Call to Order, Pledge and Invocation
- Approval of the Meeting Minutes: April 24, 2023
City of Valdosta Cases:
FINAL ACTION by the City of Valdosta Mayor-Council, 216 E. Central Avenue,
Valdosta, Georgia, Valdosta City Hall, Council Chambers, 2nd Floor
Thursday, June 8th, 2023, 5:30 p.m.
Point of Contact: Matt Martin – Planning and Zoning Administrator (229) 259-3563
- CU-2023-02 Anthony Tong, 307 East Jane Street CUP for a Tattoo Parlor/Studio in O-P zoning
- VA-2023-06 Jack Langdale, 106 West Northside Drive Rezone 0.18 acre from O-P to C-C
- VA-2023-07 Jack Langdale, 2101 West Hill Avenue Rezone approximately 35 acres from C-H to C-C
- VA-2023-08 Jason Parker, 1511 Harmon Drive Rezone 0.97 acre from R-10 to C-H
- VA-2023-09 Machouse Investment, LLC, 212-216 W. Alden Avenue, 207-209 W. Cranford Avenue Planned Development approval for a non-conventional Residential development
Lowndes County Case:
FINAL ACTION by the Lowndes County Board of Commissioners, 327 N. Ashley Street,
Valdosta, Georgia, Lowndes County Judicial and Administrative Complex Commission
Chambers, 2nd Floor, Tuesday, June 13th, 2023 5:30 p.m.
Point of Contact: JD Dillard, County Planner, (229) 671-2430
- REZ-2023-07 Project Viking, Hunt Road, 0158D 004, ~67.4 acres, Current Zoning: CON & M-2 (Conservation and Heavy Manufacturing) Proposed Zoning: CON & M-2 Amended (Conservation and Heavy Manufacturing)
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!