One item took almost an hour: REZ-2016-19 Turnberry at Thompson Old US41N/Thompson @ GLPC. Two others took almost half an hour each: REZ-2016-24 Martin – 3824 Newsome Road @ GLPC and REZ-2016-23 Branham Project, which was back again from last year and finally passed this time, 6-2. Those were the last of the Lowndes County cases, after which most of the crowd exited the packed house. At the end of the meeting they re-elected their same officers.
Here are links to each LAKE video of the items, in the order they were actually discussed, which wasn’t always in the agenda order. After that there’s a LAKE video playlist of the entire meeting.
- 1. Call to Order, Welcome, Invocation, Pledge
- 2. Minutes for Approval
- 6. REZ-2016-22 Exit 13 Development
- 4. REZ -2016- 20 Weldon /Bailey
- 5. REZ -2016- 21 Seago – 4678 US Hwy 41S
- 9. REZ-2016-25 Cain’s Creekside RV Park
- 7. REZ-2016-23 Branham Project
- 8. REZ-2016-24 Martin – 3824 Newsome Road
- 3. REZ-2016-19 Turnberry at Thompson Old US41N/Thompson
- The crowd exits the room at the end of county cases
- 10. CU-2016-05 The Georgia Beer Company 109 South Briggs St
- 11. VA-2016-16 Crown Real Estate Development 2107 Baytree
- 12. VA-2016-17 C. Maxwell & Company – Baytree/Miramar
- 13. VA-2016-16 City of Valdosta – LDR Text Amendments
- Other Business
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: 7 county cases, 2 city rezonings, an LDR and a CUP
Regular Session, Greater Lowndes Planning Commission (GLPC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 28 November 2016.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gaoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!