County Manager Joe Pritchard acknowledged receipt of a letter from Hahira at the Lowndes County Commission Work Session 2016-05-23 and the next day the County Commission voted they had no objections. After nobody from the audience spoke for or against, the Planning Commission on 2016-05-31 recommended anexation, chaired by vice-chair Jody Hall of Hahira. Probably the Hahira City Council discussed this item at the Hahira City Council Work Session the same day as the County Commission Work Session, and proceeded with the annexation at the Hahira Regular Session of June 2nd, but the last Hahira minutes online are from February 2016.
1. Call to Order
- 1. (continued). Invocation and Pledge
- 2. Approval of the Meeting Minutes: April 25 , 2016
- 3. HA-2016-02 Cheryl Godfrey
- 4. HA-2016-03 Josh Thomason
- 5. HA-2016-04 Josh Thomason
- 6. HA-2016-05 Josh Thomason
- 7. VA-2016-08 Matt King
- 8. VA-2016-09 City of Valdosta
- Other Business, Meeting Adjournment
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos: 3 Hahira rezonings + annexation, valdosta PD + LDR
Regular Session, Greater Lowndes Planning Commission (GLPC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 31 May 2016.