Here’s the agenda.
REGULAR MEETING OF THE VALDOSTA CITY COUNCIL
5:30 PM Thursday, January 7, 2016
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
- Opening Ceremonies
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag
- Reading of Election Results
- Reading of 2015 Municipal Election, Special Election, and the Run-off Election Results.
- Oaths of Office
- Oaths of Office for the Mayor and Council Districts 1, 3, 5, and At Large.
- Election of the Mayor Pro Tem.
- Oath of Office for the Mayor Pro Tem
- Awards and Presentations
- Consideration of the January, 2016 Employee of the Month Award (Lt. Carolyn McMillan and Firefighter Christopher Scott, Fire Department).
- Presentation of the Municipal Audit for Fiscal Year 2015.
- Minutes Approval
- Valdosta City Council – Regular Meeting – Dec 10, 2015 5:30 PM
- Public Hearings
- Consideration of an Ordinance for a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for a church accessory use in the form of a “food bank ministry” in a Single-Family Residential (R-10) Zoning District as requested by Azalea City Church of God (File No. CU-2015-07). The property is located at 1503 and 1505 River Street. The Greater Lowndes Planning Commission reviewed this request at their November regular meeting and recommended approval (8-0 Vote). The request was tabled for one month at the December 10, 2015 Regular Council Meeting until the January 7, 2016 Regular Council Meeting.
- Ordinances and Resolutions
- Consideration of a Resolution authorizing the filing of an Application with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to purchase 8 (eight) Thermal Imaging Cameras for the Fire Department.
- Bids, Contracts, Agreements and Expenditures
- Consideration of a request to approve an Agreement with the Exchange Club for placement of benches in the City. This request was tabled at the December 10, 2015 Regular Council Meeting for 30 days until the January 7, 2016 Regular Council Meeting.
- City Manager’s Report
- Council Comments
- Citizens to be Heard