Teri Lupo was available for questions about
being reappointed to VLDA at the Monday 8:30 AM
21 12 January 2015
Work Session of the Lowndes County Commission.
There were no questions, but
Commissioners Demarcus and one other (I think Mark Wisenbaker) had compliments.
The Chairman asked for a motion to appoint, but was reminded this was
a Work Session, so wait until the next evening for that.
The agenda item for the resolution in support of the Alapaha River Water Trail, according to the Chairman before the meeting, is waiting until they’re ready to dedicate the new boat ramp at US 84, which is waiting until the river water goes down enough to pour concrete. Maybe some time this spring.
See the agenda for details on what they were considering. Below are links to the LAKE videos of each agenda item, followed by a video playlist. See also the county’s own much more professional one big long video.
- 1. Call to Order 4. Minutes for Approval 5a. Appointment VLCDA
- 6.a. Hotel – Motel Tax Rate
- 6.b. Special Assessment Rate For 2015
- 6.c. Section 125 Amendment And Adopting Resolution
- 6.d. Sheriff’s Office Position Reclassification Request
- 7. a/b/c. Lowndes County Jail – Bids and Contracts
- 7.d. Drainage Improvements For Moss Oak Trail
- 7.e. Automated External Defibrillator Bid
- 8. Reports – County Manager
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos: VLDA appointment, jail, taxes, water
work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by John S. Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 12 January 2015.