It’s a good thing the county held these first-ever (as far as I know) comprehensive budget sessions. Here are videos of the first day. Most of the departments are asking for more money, due to increased population and increased demand for services during a period of economic downturn. Something needs to be done, and these sessions are one step in getting to doing something.
Here’s the agenda.
- Board of Elections –Deb Cox
- Public Defender –John Kent Edwards Sr.
Sheriff –Chris Prine
See separate post.
- Coroner –Bill Watson
- Mental Health –Stephanie Jackson
- Library usage has never been greater while funding is at risk –Kelly Lenz
- Also Moody AFB Library –Kelly Lenz
- $74,068 addition for Ankle Monitoring
- UGA Extension Service County Agent –Jake Price
- Family Services –Rhonda Wheeler
- EMS –Randy Sauls, CEO, SGMC
- Probate Court –Judge Terri Adams McDowell
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos of Day 1
Budget Meeting, Lowndes County Commission (LCC-Budget),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 10 March 2014.