Here’s the agenda, with links to the videos and a few notes by Gretchen.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, JUNE 24, 2013, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, JUNE 25, 2013, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
A bit before the meeting, the county manager Joe Pritchard says something to finance director, Stephanie Black. Ms. Black goes from her seat to speak with purchasing agent Kari Sands. Meeting was called to order, and the first item considered was 5.a. Lowndes County Library Board.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
Apparently in the hubub, Chairman Slaughter missed item 4. Minutes for approval because he skipped it totally.
- Work Session — June 10, 2013
- Regular Session — June 11, 2013
- Lowndes County Library Board
In addition to the names submitted last month, Commissioner Joyce Evans submitted the name of Mr. Robert Jefferson.
- Lowndes County Parks and Recreation Authority
Curiously, nobody had any questions about reappointing former Chairman Ashley Paulk to VLPRA. See separate post for details.
- Public Hearing
- Renaming George Road (CR #105)
Where in Lowndes County is George or Corbett Road? See separate post.
- Beer, Wine, and Liquor License — 1019 Entertainment Group, LLC — 2375 US HWY 84
- Beer License — Big Al’s — 4991 Hwy 41 S., Lake Park
- For Consideration
- Beer, Wine, and Liquor License — Discount Liquor — 3498 B Madison Hwy
- Section 5311 Rural Transportation Operating Contracts
- Grant Application for Services-Training-Officers-Prosecution (S.T.O.P) Violence Against Women and Sexual Assault Services Program (SASP)
- Service Contract for the Mobile Data Terminals
- Approve the Motorola Service Contract for the Public Service Radio System
- Approve the Service Contract for the Liebert UPS’s at the 4 Tower Sites
- Approve the Service Contract for the Liebert UPS at the 911 Center
- Video Arraignment for Juvenile and Magistrate Court
- Enterprise Backup and Storage Solution
- Reports-County Manager
There were no reports.
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard Please State Name And Address
That’s only in the Regular Session, which is Tuesday at 5:30 PM.
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos: 2 appointments, 3 public hearings, 9 considerations, and 2 bids
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 24 June 2013.