Two kinds of taxes: Lowndes County Commission Work Session Monday 8:30 AM and Regular Session Tuesday 5:30 PM, with a property tax millage hearing 5PM before the Regular Session. Apparently the cities and the county have come to some agreement about Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST) VII. Road repairs are being contemplated for Cat Creek Road and Cameron Lane. And there’s something about an RFP for an architect for the library.
Update: SPLOST, not LOST. -jsq
Here’s the agenda.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, JULY 23, 2012, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, JULY 24, 2012, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street — 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Work Session — July 9, 2012
- Regular Session — July 10, 2012
- For Consideration
- Adoption of Millage
- Acceptance of Proposal for Repair of Cat Creek Road
- Authorization for Improvements to Cameron Lane
- Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax VII Agreement & Resolution
- Bid — Library Architect Request for Proposal
- Reports-County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard Please State Name And Address