No names for appointments (KLVB, VLCCCTA, ZBOA), and nothing on the agenda about solid waste collection or the public hearing they didn’t hold or why they picked Veolia’s highest bid or ADS buying more companies when its spokesman said that wasn’t forseen or how much the Commission forsees waste collection fees going up or suing a local company at the Lowndes County Commission. Wasterwater is on the agenda twice, which is good after that sewer spill into the Withlacoochee River, but nothing about a five-year action plan. Let’s listen to what the preacher Commissioners pray about: that’s usually a clue to what’s on their minds, even if they proceed to do the opposite.
Here’s the agenda.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, JUNE 10, 2013, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, JUNE 11, 2013, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Work Session — May 27, 2013
- Regular Session — May 28, 2013
- Valdosta/Lowndes County Conference Center and Tourism Authority
- Keep Lowndes/Valdosta Beautiful Board
- Valdosta/Lowndes County Zoning Board of Appeals
- Public Hearing — REZ-2013-06 Hughes, 3776 White Water Rd. C-G to C-H, LC Water & Septic,~1.59 acres
- For Consideration
- Force Main Break Repairs
- Bevel Creek Lift Station Pump Repair
- Reports-County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard Please State Name And Address