- We unequivocally oppose transphobia and homophobia. We are in solidarity with the LGBTQ community. We unequivocally oppose sexism, racism, ableism and religious intolerance.
- Absolute respect.
- We recognize and embrace the equality of our diversity as Atlantans.
- We resist learned prejudices.
- We share burdens by taking initiatives to fill roles and relieve comrades.
- We encourage all voices.
- We discuss ideas, NOT PEOPLE, and disagree without being disagreeable.
- We avoid labeling and targeted profanity.
- We maintain a positive expression of the “message” by not engaging unstable or volatile people.
- We do not accept physical or verbal violence.
- We avoid conflict through active listening and awareness of body language and emotional responses.
- We seek to grow from our mistakes; conflicts within Occupy Atlanta are opportunities to learn.
- We are either all leaders or none of us are leaders.
- Make friends! Make an effort to get to know people and HAVE FUN!
This is how Occupy Valdosta organized its 14 October March. Now that school consolidation is decided, we shall see what happens next.
PS: Occupy Valdosta’s: