The outline, with links to supporting evidence:
AL-GA-FL Sierra Club Statement:
- Water more important: do Solar power instead
- 100-foot RoW, 36-inch pipe, AL-GA-FL + Transco & FSC
- Georgia Water Coalition Dirty Dozen,
- FPL’s “need” for FL power & eminent domain
- LNG export of fracked methane for 5 times domestic price
- What can be done
Afterwards, somebody asked me if there was a study on LNG exports driving up domestic natural gas prices. Turns out there is, requested by LNG-export-authorizing Office of Fossil Energy from the U.S. Energy Information Administration. EIA’s summary of 29 October 2014:
Increased LNG exports lead to increased natural gas prices.
How much depends on which scenario actually happens, ranging from not quite doubling domestic prices to more than quadrupling.
How about we go straight to safer, cleaner, faster, cheaper solar power instead, which lowers energy bills?